Monday, July 18, 2011

Luk Keng Village, Time Civilization Hakka people in Hong Kong over

Original naration by Anik Miftahul Jannah, executive summary by Darmansjah Godjali

Luk Keng village visible from a distance

Luk Keng village located tens of kilometers away from downtown Hong Kong, exactly a half-hour minibus ride from Fanling Station or almost a half hour from Hong Kong Kowloon. Luk Keng in the area of ​​mountain slopes in the New Territories.

In Luk Keng village there is a residual civilization Hakka people several decades ago. The form of ruins of the houses are mostly in ruins are seen standing firm, remaining cannons colonial past was there, and from partly collapsed buildings there are mostly made ​​of bricks there is some life in the village of Luk Keng. Away from modernity of Hong Kong did not reduce the beauty of the village.

Luk Keng village atmosphere

Luk Keng village

Some houses whcih inhabited be occupied by the elderly and some middle-aged women. Using Language to or the Hakka language, Although some could speak Cantonese. Hakka language is one of seven major regional languages ​​in the language of ethnic Chinese.

Most of the population still adheres to traditional belief systems. It can be seen in the be some corner of the village as well as some other path in front of their house there is an urn of brass which contained the rest of incense or stick to praying in red.

jars that contained the remaining incense praying red
Travel to Luk Keng I do on Sunday. Earlier I visited Kai Kuk Shue Ha advance.

As far as the eye could see, I could see a village located on the slopes of the hills & mountains. Highly suitable for nature lovers & walkers, also likes green areas away from downtown. Luk Keng village from a distance was seen only in white only, in sharp contrast with the surrounding verdant scenery. Cold atmosphere add to the trip I became increasingly engrossed in it.

Luk Keng village viewed from a distance

an alley in the village of Luk Keng

Entering the village of Luk Keng in no.56K Minibus stop there is a food & beverage stalls. Many also pedestrians, people are cycling, some of them party with their families, also mountain climbers with huge backpacks they are enjoying some of the offerings at the store. I then ordered coffee milk alone, with a large glass serving well ... I slowly sip the milk.

After the finish, I then shouldered my black backpack and continued down the street footpath in the village of Luk Keng. The weather was clear, blue sky, cold, Brrrrr ... I then pressed his thick jacket that I wear.

While occasionally cross paths with several hikers, I greet them with a smile. This is my weapon when visiting the area anywhere. Miraculously, only with a smile often I find the unexpected event of some traveling I do.
D3000 pointing to some corner of the village, Photographing the corners of the smallest in Luk Keng, Met with several local photographers. Alhamdulillah .... A happy trip ...

bright blue sky, contrast with the quiet village atmosphere(fgr)

In a house right beside the ruins of the former there is an uninhabited house, There is a grandmother who wore distinctive hat & a middle-aged women. When I take pictures of grain being dried in front of the house in a zinc container Tampah, I was greeted by the grandmother. I greeted them with a friendly & the grandmother is also offered something in the hearing which I understand only Loktau ... Loktau ...

grandmother, whom I met & nanny. using the Hakka language, I only just senyam smile.

old school chair that is in front of grandma's house that I met:)
Loktau means green beans. Middle-aged women are also explained I would enjoy eating pureed green beans there. I repeatedly thank kemereka. And because I will move on to the end of the village and so I quickly said goodbye.

At the fork in the road the village, I met with a father who was cleaning the foliage that thrives in front of his house. The father explained that at the end of the village there are the rest of the former colonial cannon. Say thank you & I went on his way back.

At the end of this village, the ruins of former homes of the Hakka people are very evident. Brick house that was overgrown with weeds, The Hakka people praying in the form of small houses designed in a simple, remaining two cannon that had a stone beside a written statement using letters fence, Till the trees that only grow in the countryside found in the ruins of the former. Papaya Tree, Trees Carambola was fruitful too many men who fell to the ground.

the ruins of a house at the end of the village of Luk Keng who look more artistic(fgr)

cannon residual colonialism(fgr)

Approximately 30 minutes I walked along the path until the end of the village along the village of Luk Keng this. At the fork in the village I passed a few people dressed in blue uniforms of blue-turns out they are the fathers, lovers of nature. They explain just climbed the mountain from the next village. I also greet them first with Cantonese.

"It is finished Pak road leg to the next village?"
"Less is more, we're resting It"
"You come from countries where much? Malaysia kah? "
Hehe .. have some people who think I am a Malaysian: D
"No sir. I'm from Indonesia loh:) "
"Oh great. The road so far photographed one by one in detail every corner of Luk Keng. Salut ... With a camera better than a pocket camera, the results were better potonya certainly "

Photo with man and woman nature lovers

Again I explained to these gentlemen that I am just a common household worker who happened to love the streets. And Photography is one of them. I also showed some photos of previous trips to the village of Kai Kuk Shue Ha & a few other places in the corners of Hong Kong.

"Great! I just have not even visited some of the places you pointed out earlier hehe .. "
 
"Can we take pictures with Mr.?" I asked with a friendly
 
"Owh may be ...."

"Well Thank you sir:)"

Click ... 2 photos stored in D3000 I & 2 photos are stored on a pocket camera belongs to them. Memory even this trip will be saved until later, probably I will tell my family in the village in Indonesia or the people closest to my heart, including you all who currently take the time to read this story of my trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment